Thursday, May 29, 2008

She's "Normal"

So Lauren had her 2 year check up today and weighed in at a whopping 25 lbs, 8 oz and she is 34 inches tall, which is apparently on the taller side. Anyway, my most favorite part of the visit was the list the dr. gave us about "normal" 2 year old development:
- does not share
- claims everything is mine
- shows anger by crying or striking out
- wants own way
- may assert self by saying "NO"
- "do it myself" stage

While these aren't my most favorite of her qualities it was nice to see she's right on track:) We still think she's pretty great, tantrums and all!

7 comments:

Casie said...

Yeah Lauren! Way to go on the developmental milestones! It is always nice to know that the not so pleasant behaviors are normal, too!

Shannon said...

that list is pretty funny; love how honest it is... and glad Lauren is on par with all of them!

Wyatt & Caden's Mommy said...

Ok, so this post made me feel better. I am not alone! Last night I was ready to give Wyatt away (not really, but ya know the feeling!). He has perfected the tantrum throwing and knows how to add tears to his screaming. He actually cried for 20 minutes because he didn't have blueberries for dinner. As Collin says on a daily basis. "you gotta love toddler independence!" Good thing they are so cute!

Hope said...

I totally agree with Wyatt's mom. This post made me feel better too. Someday's I feel as though Hope might be heading towards juvinile detention!! Good for Lauren for teaching us the norm!

Meg said...

I wouldn't have her any other way. Nobody wants milk toast.

Heavenly Mist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heavenly Mist said...

I've heard that if you double the height at age 2, you'll get the adult height of a person. You'll have to let me know if this is true.

Can't wait to meet the newest addition!